- Presenting a bill
- Running a committee meeting
- Hearing bills
- Debating conservatives and liberals on current issues
- Voting on legislation
- Building coalitions
- Campaigning for office
- Give speeches as a candidate
Students will learn practical skills, such as:
- Public Speaking
- Media relations
- Giving a great interview
- Building rapport
- Connecting with any audience
- Professional interactions
- Discerning the truth
- Identifying good legislation
- Defending your beliefs
Students will learn foundational principles for governance, including:
- The founding father’s vision for America
- Proper role/God’s purpose for government
- The foundation for our system of government
- The role of the Constitution in the past and future
- Principles of limited government
- Statesmanship and values
- Character and personal integrity
Students will hear about today’s most relevant issues from a Christian worldview, including:
- Sanctity of Life
- Traditional Marriage
- Second Amendment Rights
- Church and State Relations
- Freedom of Speech
- Parental Rights
- Stem Cell Research
- Individual Liberties
Students will receive practical advice and training from:
- State Representatives
- Policy Advisors
- School board members
- City councilmen
- Campaign Staff
- Concerned citizens who are making a difference
Freshmen will serve in the House of Representatives. Alumni are welcome to apply for either the House or the Senate.
Applications may be received until June 30th or until class space is full, whichever comes first. Applications received after the Academy is full will be placed on a waiting list. To qualify for discounted rates, please note the tuition submission deadlines below.
NOTE: Your spot is not guaranteed until all registration requirements and complete payment is received.
Tuition Fees: Texas (July 29 – August 3, 2013)
- Tuition Rate deadlines: (Tuition fee covers lodging, meals and all materials for the week. )
- $850 – Early Bird Rate: In order to receive the Early Bird rate, complete tuition must be postmarked by February 28, 2013
- $995 – Regular Rate: In order to receive the Regular rate, complete tuition must be postmarked by June 1st
- $1,150 – Late Rate: Payment submitted after June 1st. Final payment must be postmarked by June 30.
Partial scholarships are available on a limited basis. Students should attempt to fund raise before asking for partial scholarships. Please contact us for more information. All requests are reviewed on an individual basis.
We have 110 seats available for the 2013 Patriot Academy Session. We encourage you to apply early!
We do ask, though, that you come with an open mind. Some of our most hesitant freshman have found themselves so inspired by the experience that they couldn’t help but get involved and wound up becoming some of our strongest leaders. Read what past students have had to say about their time at the Academy here.
To meet the leaders of this year’s Academy, please click here.